DISAB UK were proud to play a small part in the process of constructing HMS Queen Elizabeth, a new class of aircraft carriers that will be the biggest and most powerful warships ever constructed for the Royal Navy with a full displacement of 65,000 tonnes. At 280m, the HMS Queen Elizabeth is longer than the Houses of Parliament (265m).
We were approached by our longstanding client Wood Group, to provide an Industrial vacuum unit to help in the shot-blasting aspect of their contract for the building of HMS Queen Elizabeth.
The Wood group own a number of grit recovery units from Disab and decided they wanted to use the BagVac to help reclaim all the spent shot. They have had great success using this machine on bridges all over the country so it seemed like a great fit for this long project of blasting and painting an aircraft carrier. The units ability to recover grit over very long distances and its reliability were key factors in the choice.
If you haven’t seen it already you can still watch the BBC1 documentary ‘Britain’s Biggest Warship’ on BBC iplayer. Just click on the image below.
BagVac Product Overview
- Powerful 16.5kw unit
- Can pick up microscopic dust to 50mm debris over long distances
- Automatic discharge system
- Fully enclosed recovery system
- Filter system for dry and moist material
- Automatic ATM filter cleaning system, without compressed air
- Complete start/stop controls
- Retractable legs for ease of transport
- Easy to operate
- HEPA safety filters available
- ATEX models also available
- Available for long or short-term hire, or for purchase
Cleansing Service Group
Talk to us today
Whether you require a tailor made solution, want to hire one of our industrial vacuum units or simply wish to discuss your requirements in more detail, call us on 01737 246 649 or use the button below to enquire online.